which running thread gests the external signal

Alin-Adrian Anton aanton at spintech.ro
Wed May 3 19:54:04 UTC 2006

Daniel Eischen wrote:
[..]

> Note that sigprocmask() and pthread_sigprocmask() are equivalent.  I
> don't even think pthread_sigprocmask() is in the standard any longer
> (it used to be in an older version of the standard).  New applications
> should be using sigprocmask().

Yes I noticed. However, this just happens to be the implementation
(probably pthread_sigmask is a wrapper to sigprocmask).

This might not be the case on other OS, so for portability I'll stick to
the pthread_sigmask in threads, and sigprocmask in single threaded apps.

Thanks,
--
Alin-Adrian Anton
GPG keyID 0x183087BA (B129 E8F4 7B34 15A9 0785  2F7C 5823 ABA0 1830 87BA)

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire