cloning a FreeBSD HDD

Andresen, Jason jandrese at mitre.org
Fri Mar 31 14:48:29 UTC 2006

One further thing you might want to consider is a project out of the
University of Utah called Emulab.  I've been using the free client on
there to dump and restore disks for a couple of years now.  The
advantage over dump/restore and especially dd is that it's _fast_.  On
my systems here I can get a GB or two per minute (admittedly over
Gigabit ethernet).

Also, it's designed to work over the network, making it easy to store
your filesystem dumps on a central repository.

http://www.emulab.net/