repeatedly opening the same .so(s) is slow?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Mar 21 07:31:29 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-Mar-20 13:06:28 -0600, Eric Schuele wrote:
>FWIW... I have removed my symlink to libguile-ltdl.so and recreated it
>to point at libltdl.so.1.  So that guile is using my stock libltdl.so.
>I get the same results.  And gnucash seems to run fine.

My reading of the code says that this will be missing the scheme-specific
ltdl hooks so loading a shared library from guile should fail.

>>being executed during the gnucash startup.  It would be interesting to
>>get a truss of gnuash starting on another OS (unfortunately, I don't
>>have access to any Linux systems) and/or some other guile applications.
>
>hmm... I have a Gentoo system somewhere.  It was just an experiment.  No
>idea what shape its in.  But maybe I can try installing gnucash on it.

I had a try at building gnucash on a Solaris system today but ran into
portability problems - Guppi includes gcc extensions (I was using
Forte), one of the bits of gnome didn't include gettext correctly (so
it wouldn't link) and something (I don't remember what) assumes that
glade is installed but doesn't check for it in the configure stage.

--
Peter Jeremy