IAL COMPETION ERROR on hptmv ( fixed )

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 19:30:24 UTC 2006

After working with the dev's at Highpoint they have found fixed
the bug where you get the following error:
kernel: IAL: COMPLETION ERROR, adapter 0, channel 2, flags=104
kernel: ATA regs: error 10, sector count 1, LBA low ff, LBA mid ff, LBA high ff, device 4f, status 51

The issue was down to the Seagate drive firmware when accessing
the 1024^3 byte. Previously the driver was using 28bit addressing for this
but it was being rejected by the ST3400832AS disks. This has now been
changed so that if the device can use 48bit addressing it is always used.

I'm sure highpoint will be releasing this driver update shortly but in
the mean time if anyone needs it contact me and I'll mail it you.

    Steve