Recommended SMP Config

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Fri Mar 17 17:59:16 UTC 2006

John Baldwin wrote:
> On Friday 17 March 2006 12:00, Tom Daly wrote:
>>> Because CPU 1 is a hyperthread.  So is CPU 3 for that matter.
>>
>> That makes sense, but CPU 3 shows up in top without setting
>> machdep.hyperthreading_allowed=1. ???
>
> Yes, that's a bug.

I saw the same thing on my AMD64 system as well, if that matters.

I've since set machdep.hyperthreading_allowed=1, but was curious.

Thanks for the confirmation that it's a bug.

If you or anyone needs a test bed, I have a dual-xeon em64t box that I can
give access to.

LER

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893