Sun DTrace on FreeBSD

Devon H. O'Dell devon.odell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 19:05:23 UTC 2006

2006/3/15, Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy at optushome.com.au>:
> About six months ago, there was a lot of press publicity given to a
> port of Sun's DTrace code to FreeBSD.  Does anyone know what (if
> anything) is happening to this?  Google doesn't turn up anything more
> recent and I don't recall reading anything on the mailing lists.

It's part of my Copious Free Time stuff. I'd love to be able to work
on it more often, but with what I'm doing these days, there is not a
whole lot of time. I do have a little more progress on the DTrace
provider (which includes the pseudo-device) that hasn't been committed
to my Perforce tree yet.

I certainly haven't given up on the project; I simply haven't had the
time to make as much progress as fast as I did in the beginning.

--Devon