newbus questions

Artem 'ZaZooBred' Ignatiev zazubrik at mail.ru
Thu Mar 16 13:13:27 UTC 2006

On Thu, 16/03/2006 at 12:20 +0000, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> > I need some help regarding newbus architecture. I'm trying to write
> > driver for budget DVB cards.
> I think Sami Bahra was going to port Video4Linux, so search archives
> and check in with him.

Okay, thanks.

> I had a DVB card but gave it away 2 weeks ago.
>
> For IP over DVB info, check out Gorry Fairhurst's papers.

My first driver already had network functionality.
At the moment I want to separate generic driver from tuner-specific
parts. As long as budget DVB cards just transfer whole transport stream
over DMA, network part is quite indifferent to question "which tuner
provided the data".

Thanks a lot for your reply.