About amd64 dualcore problems with two SATA disks and nforce4

Daniel Valencia fetrovsky at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 9 21:01:17 UTC 2006

Hello,

I started a short thread a few weeks ago, pointing out a problem with my dualcore athlon64, when detecting the second SATA disk (/dev/ad6)... my chipset is an nForce4...  The problem was narrowed down to a few commits performed at a particular date and time.  My questions are: is it safe to update my kernel now? have those problems been fixed? is there something I can do to help (like testing or so)?

Thanks,

Daniel