NetBSD disk backup over network

Thierry Herbelot thierry at herbelot.com
Wed Mar 8 06:23:24 UTC 2006

Le Tuesday 7 March 2006 15:46, Dag-Erling Smørgrav a écrit :
> Ashley Moran <work at ashleymoran.me.uk> writes:
> > I just saw this slashdotted article:
> > http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200603/dermouse.html
> >
> > Just to satisfy my curiosity, is it the sort of thing that can be
> > implemented as a GEOM layer?  The idea is bloody clever but sounds
> > like a bit of a hack right now.

It's just bad that the FreeBSD champion is (was ?) Yahoo and not Google, as
Google seems to be soon offering a large online storage (see
http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/NewsArticle.aspx?type=internetNews&storyID=2006-03-07T080717Z_01_N07296137_RTRIDST_0_OUKIN-UK-GOOGLE-STORAGE.XML)

An enterprising hacker could create a new geom class to build a mirror with
the local disk and the new google remote disk.

	TfH