Patches for bootparamd for multiple subnets of interest?

Brian J. McGovern mcgovern at beta.com
Tue Mar 7 02:50:29 UTC 2006

All,
	I've done some hacking on bootparamd to support multiple subnets
(along with applying some patches to allow some Sun-specific behavior) that
I'm using for jumpstarting Solaris/Sparc boxes across a boatload of small
subnets.

	The most obvious change is adding a -R parameter, that allows you to
specify a router and netmask (and multiple -R's are accepted), so that
bootparamd can build an internal list of subnets and gateways when multihomed,
or supporting VLANs via the vlan(4) driver.

	I can provide patches against 6.0, and with a bit of work, -current
(I doubt there is much change). Is there sufficient interest to make it worth
bundling up the diffs?

	-Brian