IEEE1284 Device ID string for USB Printers

Naram Qashat cyberbotx at cyberbotx.com
Mon Mar 6 20:53:14 UTC 2006

I was wondering if there were any plans on getting the ieee1284_print_id()
function in src/sys/dev/usb/ulpt.c to work properly.  I was trying to see
about getting HPLIP converted to FreeBSD, but it's hpiod program requires an
ioctl to access the printer andget the IEEE1284 device ID string to identify
the USB printer.  Without that ioctl, HPLIP can't be ported over.

Thanks,
Naram Qashat

(Note: I'm not subscribed to the mailing list, so if anyone replies to this,
please CC me to the response.  Thanks.)