[patch] Adding optimized kernel copying support to FreeBSD-i386 - Part II

Attilio Rao asmrookie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 02:20:13 PST 2006

Hi,
I did not received too much feedbacks about Part I stability, but I went on,
so Part II is available for tests.

It presents an mmx copy which doesn't give much performance increases but
what I need now is testing for correctness. In particular I would see
feedbacks about races inside dropping/undropping FPU mechanism. It would be
better testing with PREEMPTION + FULL_PREEMPTION enabled (and maybe on SMP
archs).

Some minor styling issues have been fixed of the previous patch.

http://users.gufi.org/~rookie/works/patches/mmxcopy.tar.gz

This mmx copy is not intended to be in final release, this is just a testing
issue in order to involve CPU < P4 & friends.

For anything else, mail to me.

Attilio