openospfd doesn't "See" gre/gif

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Tue Jun 20 00:39:45 UTC 2006

OpenOSPFd doesn't appear to see gre/gif interfaces ... which limits
it's usefulness.  I've hacked on the code a bit --- experiemented with
taking out the restriction that loopback routes aren't advertised
(becuase I often put the aliases for a host on the loopback
interface).

This didn't fix it --- it appears to ignore the loopback interface as
well...  but adding a route pointing to the loopback interface can
work with a small patch.

Has anyone hacked on or thought about this?

Dave.