[Fwd: Interrupts question]

John Polstra jdp at polstra.com
Thu Jul 20 04:35:07 UTC 2006

On 17-Jul-2006 Alex Zbyslaw wrote:
> I was monitoring a machine with "systat -vmstat" and noticed something
> about the interrupts and I don't know if it's a problem or not. If it
> is a problem, is there anything I can do about it?
>
> The interrupts for the network interface (em0) on irq 64 exactly match
> those for a uhc device on irq 16.
>
> And the interrupts for the hardware raid (amr) on irq 46 exactly match
> those for a uhc device on irq 18.

The problem involving the "em" device was solved in -current around
January by making the device use a fast interrupt handler.  If you
can update to the latest driver from -current (if it will build on
whatever version you are running), you can solve that part of the
problem.  I don't think there's an equivalent fix for the "amr"
driver, though.

John