improving drivers (was: Re: kern/99979: Get Ready for Kernel Module in C++)

Wed Jul 12 08:06:15 UTC 2006

Quoting "M. Warner Losh" <imp at bsdimp.com> (from Tue, 11 Jul 2006
10:32:03 -0600 (MDT)):

> As to your other points, the resource allocation repetition has been
> improved with bus_alloc_resources.  the trouble is that many drivers
> haven't been converted to use the new api.

Would you please come up with a plain text version what needs to be
done suitable for our ideas list
(http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/)? It sounds like a junior
kernel hacker task and so far we get a lot of good results out of the
ideas list.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
"You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?"
		-- Steven Wright