kern/99979: Get Ready for Kernel Module in C++

Garance A Drosehn gad at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 11 19:09:05 UTC 2006

At 12:43 AM +0800 7/12/06, mag at intron.ac wrote:

>Before I do enough experiments, naturally I would never
>talk about this thing.
>
>I don't know why Dag-Erling C. Smo/rgrav is so unfriendly
>to me ??? !!!

He is commenting on your patches.  Do not take those as
personal attacks on you.

You seem to be assuming that no one here has worked with
C++, but that is not true.  Some previous C++ experiments
did not go well, so it might seem that we are quick to put
down you want to do.  It's not really that we're hostile
to you, it is just that we want to go slow enough with
any major change, to make sure we know what is going on.

(me, I don't know enough about C++ to comment on your
changes.  I'm just saying that objections to your updates
do not mean anyone is mad at you personally)

Garance Alistair Drosehn     =               drosehn at rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer               or   gad at FreeBSD.org