Keyboard 'fails' in ddb on HP Proliant DL380 under 6.1-RC1

Karl Pielorz kpielorz at tdx.co.uk
Thu Apr 27 10:56:14 UTC 2006

Hi All,

We've recently started using HP Proliant DL360's / 380's - and we're also
moving our new machines to FreeBSD 6.1

I've found a problem with ddb - no matter what I do, I can't get the
keyboard on the server to work, when it's dropped into ddb.

I've tried HP's iLO management (virtual console / keyboard) - and, thinking
maybe that was messing up - plugging in a real keyboard and monitor into
the server, and avoiding iLO.

No matter how you end up in ddb (through a console command, a real 'panic',
NMI, 'break' or Ctrl-Alt-Esc) - once you're there - the keyboard is dead.

I've checked the manpage for 'atkbd' - but can't see anything obvious.

These machines running 5.3/4 work fine - it's just under 6.x the problem
appears.

You can find a verbose boot output at:

  http://www.tdx.com/verbose_6.1rc1.txt

Anyone got any suggestions? - We've also found a potential problem with the
ciss driver, but I can't even start to look at that until ddb is useable :(

Cheers,

-Karl