Can kldload trigger pci bus rescan?

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Apr 26 16:36:08 UTC 2006

In message: <1146037663$82118$49670145 at hongz@promisechina.com>
            <hongz at promisechina.com> writes:
: I tried to use kldload to load our HBA driver. But the driver's pci probe
: function can not find the HBA card! Does it mean that kldload can not
: trigger pci bus rescan? If so, what should I do for triggering pci bus
: rescan after loading our pci driver?

kldload of a driver with a pci attachment will cause all pci busses to
reprobe/attach their unattached children automatically.  When you say
that the driver's probe function can not find the HBA card, what do
you mean?  That none of the devices presented to it are accepted?

Warner