Kernel Fatal Trap 12

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Wed Apr 19 22:21:30 UTC 2006

Kris Kennaway wrote this message on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 14:08 -0400:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 07:59:08PM +0200, Thomas SOETE wrote:
> > Hum, is there a way to have a little idea of which hardware begun to fail ?
>
> Check CPU cooling, power supply, cabling, RAM, etc.  Google for more -
> this question is asked and answered about once a week.

Just as a little bit of advice..  Make sure that there isn't dust in
your cpu heat sink... and even if there isn't much dust, dust can cling
to the blades of the heat sink preventing air flow and seriously limiting
the ability of the heat sink to work...

/me just had a computer randomly crash due to this.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579