FreeBSD Crash without Errors, Warnings, or Panics

Matthew Hagerty matthew at digitalstratum.com
Fri Apr 14 03:34:41 UTC 2006

Did these serious race conditions exist in 5.4 also?  This is not good
news and it would be nice if there was some place to find out about what
hardware drivers are considered stable for production servers.  I always
assumed that this was the function of the supported hardware page.  Is
this not the case?

Can I pull just a certain driver from stable and use it with a release
branch (no even sure how I would do that)?  Or will there be dependency
problems?  I suppose I could run on stable until the driver is fixed in
a release branch, but I need this box up and online, and I've always
read that the stable branch is not the place for production servers.

Is there any place I read about the status and work being done on the
arm driver?

Thanks,
Matthew