RFC: Adding a ``user'' mount option

Alex Dupre ale at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 3 06:56:51 UTC 2006

Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> Any reason you can't just use sudo... ?

Because we are talking about desktop users. There are many ways to let
user mount devices, but nothing that works oob (or at least with very
few changes) with all desktop environments. Few of them allow to mount
removable media with sudo (for example I cannot find such feature on
KDE). You can say it's a KDE problem, you may be right, but the result
is that using FreeBSD as a regular (not power) desktop user is less
pratical.

--
Alex Dupre