ELF binary type "0" not known.

Daniel Eischen deischen at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 16 07:12:37 PDT 2005

On Fri, 16 Sep 2005, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On Friday 16 September 2005 23:26, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> > Yep, I think this probably takes care of step 1 and possibly 3b, although
> > the message that Wouter gets is making me think that for some reason
> > the port has *not* run brandelf on the executables - if brandelf had been
> > run, wouldn't the error message mention ELF binary type 3, not 0?
> >
> > So I went ahead and included all the steps, just to cover all bases :)
>
> I'd be *very* suprised..
> I expect he just downloaded an RPM from somewhere..

It's probably just not having linux.ko/linprocfs.ko loaded.

  $ kldstat
  Id Refs Address    Size     Name
   1    1 0xc0400000 498518   kernel
  $ /usr/compat/linux/bin/ls
  ELF binary type "0" not known.

  $ sudo kldload linux.ko
  $ kldstat
  Id Refs Address    Size     Name
   1    5 0xc0400000 498518   kernel
   2    1 0xc2a1a000 16000    linux.ko
  $ /usr/compat/linux/bin/ls /bin
  basename  chgrp  cp    echo   fgrep  ls     mv    rm     setserial  stty   true
  bash      chmod  date  egrep  grep   mkdir  nice  rmdir  sh         sync   uname
  bash2     chown  dd    false  ln     mknod  pwd   rpm    sleep      touch

--
DE