sed not working

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Sun Sep 4 12:48:25 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-Sep-04 20:17:28 +0300, Rein Kadastik wrote:
>Andrea Campi wrote:
>>Actually, the best way forward would probably be to mail Ruslan directly.

Agreed.

>LANG=C would be nice but the character classes should be implemented as
>well. I would like to be the one who concentrates on that subject but
>then I need some more information, how to actually do the job because as
>I understand, these things are quite heavily managed in FreeBSD project.

"find /usr/src -type f | xargs egrep 'a-z|A-Z|0-9'" returns just under
3600 hits on -current.  Based on a quick scan, most of these are
regexps that should be replaced by character classes but someone will
need to manually work through them all.

I agree with Andrea that you should mail Ruslan directly to discuss
the best way forward.  A single PR with a patch for all about 3000
problematic regexps probably couldn't be committed but we don't
want 3000 PR's about one problem either.

--
Peter Jeremy