locking in a device driver

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Fri Oct 28 23:29:33 PDT 2005

On 10/27/05 22:00 Scott Long said the following:
> If you need to protect your pseudodriver from being interrupted by the
> real driver then you'll need to use the same spl() as the driver.  Note
> that you shouldn't be using splhigh() unless you really know what you

the driver currently is set to use INTR_TYPE_MISC, which from my
understanding can only be masked with splhigh(). using another INTR_TYPE
may be possible, so this is something i can explore.

however, the device interrupts at a constant 1000Hz, as it's a quad-span
E1/T1 line card, and thus it needs to have that interrupt serviced pronto
to avoid E1/T1 frame slips. any advice here ?

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/