USB mouse, wheel doesn't work

Kris Maglione bsdaemon at comcast.net
Fri Oct 21 10:56:46 PDT 2005

I have a gyration mouse. At first, it didn't work, but I got it working by
setting sc->sc_iid to 0 in USB_ATTACH in ums.c. The only problem that I have
now is that the wheel doesn't work.

The wheel is supposed to be reported in the 4th byte of sc_ibuf. The problem
is that nothing after the third byte is touched. In fact, I had to zero the
entire buffer after the malloc, so some junk value didn't cause a persistent Z
axis value.

When I turn the wheel, I get a bunch of events, but with no data... the first
three bytes are set to 0, and the rest are either junk (if I haven't zerod
after the malloc), or null (if I have).

I don't know enough about the USB subsystem to go chasing after this myself,
but I would assume that the problem is outside of the ums driver. Can someone
point me in the right direction here? If it helps, the device is a combination
keyboard/mouse reciever.

Thanks
--
Kris Maglione

No matter what happens, there is always somebody
who knew that it would.