USB mouse problem

Kris Maglione bsdaemon at comcast.net
Thu Oct 20 09:52:38 PDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 10:37:05AM -0500, Sergey Babkin wrote:
>But, it looks to me like it does not use the HID
>descriptor. The other possibility is that the HID
>descriptor in your device is wrong (as in "a firmware
>bug").
I wish it were that simple, but... it does use the HID. And it detects x/y/z
axes and 7 buttons (the mouse has two buttons and a wheel). There seems to be
no info relevant to the Z axis in the 6 bytes that the debugging info prints.
When I move the wheel, it looks just the same as before.

The mouse is spec'd to work with standard mouse drivers, so I wouldn't think
that there would be any magic going on, but I suppose it's possible that it
plays to the quirks of another mouse. Maybe FreeBSD supports those quirks, but
if it does, it does so by vendor/device id. I'm probably asking, more than
anything else, if anyone is familiar with quirks that produce similar problems
to those that I'm having.

--
Kris Maglione

No one's life, liberty, or property are safe
while the legislature is in session.