Which branch?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Oct 20 08:39:10 PDT 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:

>   On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:17:09PM -0700,
>   Brooks Davis wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 01:09:02AM -0300, Daniel Molina Wegener wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>>    My computer is running with FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE. I've tried
>>> updating the source tree with RELENG_5, but I get some compile
>>> time errors.
>>>
>>>    Is the RELENG_5 branch abandoned?
>>
>> No. We can't help you with your errors though unless you tell use what
>> they are.
>
>  Ok, I want to know if the RELENG_5 bracnh is active, if have some sense
> use send-pr with this branch and send patches if any.

The RELENG_5 branch is alive, but will probably be somewhat quiet compared
to 6.x.  I've been merging netperf changes to 5.x where possible, for
example, but the definition of "possible" is constrained by compatibility
requirements.  I anticipate continuing to do so, subject to time and
compatibility concerns.  My hope is to see fairly rapid adoption of 6.x,
although it's not yet clear to me how the first month or so of bug reports
will go for it yet.

Robert N M Watson