Mutlicast interface limit.

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Tue Oct 18 17:08:22 PDT 2005

My reading of the the code in ip_mroute.h seems to imply that FreeBSD
carries a maximum of 32 multicast interfaces by default.  Is the
correct?  MAXVIFS?

If I'm reading it correctly, it shouldn't be rocket science to extend
this limit to 64 (u_int64_t).  Will making it larger break some large
number of things, or are those macros strictly used?

In my case, with an OSPF router with potentially 100's of interfaces
(tunnels), 32 and 64 are fairly low limits.

Dave.