Limiting closed port RST response from XXX to 200...

ray at redshift.com ray at redshift.com
Mon Oct 17 17:51:17 PDT 2005

Hi,

  On a server I'm benchmark testing, via local host, I'm getting Limiting closed
port RST response from XXXX to 200 packets/sec on the console when I'm running a
lot of local connections very quickly all at once (about 7500 per second).  I've
added the following:

net.inet.tcp.log_in_vain: 0
net.inet.udp.log_in_vain: 0

but still does it.  Is there any way to disable it short of installing ipf?  I'd
like to see what the theoretical limit of the machine is without it perhaps
limiting connections in some manner.

Thanks!

Ray