SENDMAIL_MC & making world

Yar Tikhiy yar at comp.chem.msu.su
Sun Oct 9 01:20:23 PDT 2005

On Sat, Oct 08, 2005 at 05:55:54PM +0400, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, 17:47+0400, Yar Tikhiy wrote:
> > I'd like to set SENDMAIL_MC in my /etc/make.conf files conditionally
> > so that it is not set when I'm making {build,install}world.  I
> > upgrade several machines over NFS from a single build server, and
> > of course installworld breaks if SENDMAIL_MC differs from what was
> > set during buildworld.  At the same time, I'd like to have SENDMAIL_MC
> > set for the rest of the time on the machines because `hostname` is
> > not a suitable way to construct the .mc names on them due to local
> > setup peculiarities.  Any ideas how to achieve this effect?
>
> It is possible to override make.conf location via __MAKE_CONF variable
> and use different make.conf at the build,installworld stages.
> Perhaps that suits your needs.

Uh-huh, two make.conf's instead of one don't look like a great
burden.  Even better, I can put the buildworld-stage make.conf in
src or obj shared over NFS to build clients, and I'll no more have
to keep the local copies on clients in sync with that of the build
server!  Thanks for the cool idea!

--
Yar