mount permissions problems

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Oct 8 14:49:03 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-Oct-08 17:10:08 -0400, Chuck Robey wrote:
>For example, I have a /usr3/local that I want to mount as /usr/ports on
>the Zaurus.  When I do that (and it does mount), if I try to "touch
>garbage", it comes back and tells me "Permission denied".

Are you doing this as root or as an ordinary user?  If the former, do
you have '-maproot=root' for /usr3/local in april:/etc/exports?  If
the latter does the user have permission to write to /usr/ports?

> The mount isn't ro,

I think that mount on the client will report rw even if the server
only exports ro.

>Showmount -e on FreeBSD shows the right network (I was going to post it,
>but I chickened out, it's got too much stuff I don't want publicized, I
>have static IPs).

You can always s/your.real.ip/some.dummy.ip/g

--
Peter Jeremy