nonprivileged access to ipfw

Andrey V. Elsukov bu7cher at yandex.ru
Mon Oct 3 22:28:13 PDT 2005

Andrey V. Elsukov wrote:
> I want a nonprivileged access to ipfw (without sudo, suid and etc..).
> But RAW sockets restrict this. I have an one idea - a pseudo device
> /dev/ipfw. I think that realisation of this feature is not
> difficult task. Now i have some questions.

Thanks for more answers :)
I has finished this. But i have one question, how to I should act with a
dummynet code?
Through a pseudo device /dev/ipfwctl we can control an ipfw state.
The access to ipfwctl device can be configured via devfs.conf.
User must have a write permissions to /dev/ipfwctl for change ipfw state
and a read permissions for read ipfw state.
Patch can be found here: http://butcher.heavennet.ru/ipfw_ioctl/

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov