Running a shell script on becoming the CARP master?

Dominic Marks dom at goodforbusiness.co.uk
Sat Nov 26 15:34:33 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 November 2005 15:14, Matthew Hagerty wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Are there any hooks into CARP to run a shell script when a machine
> becomes the master?  Also, is there a way to force a machine to become
> the master without powering off the current master (for example to do
> maintenance on the current master)?

I believe there was supposed to be a utility for this sort of thing
but I haven't seen or heard anything about it. In the mean time a
program which read the data could probably be built from the ifconfig
code quite simply. It would be really nice if there were kevent
notifications for CARP events.

> Thanks,
> Matthew

Dominic Marks