Xen dom0 support

Thierry Herbelot thierry.herbelot at laposte.net
Wed Nov 23 05:52:44 GMT 2005

Le Tuesday 22 November 2005 23:17, Darcy Buskermolen a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I know Kip Macy was working on Xen support for FreeBSD.  How is FreeBSD
> Dom0 coming along as well as SMP support ?

Hello,

With the instructions on Kip's site or the patch included with the xen
sources, it's possible to build a functioning XenU kernel. (I have run it
under NetBSD/Xen0 and Debian/Linux2.6/Xen0).

One limitation is that all patches have developed for 5.3-Release, and have
not been recently updated.

I have found the FreeBSD/Xen0 very unstable : I had crashes under even
moderate load, and I did not see how to add debugging DDB support (but I did
not look very far)

Too bad : even just a Xen0 support would be fine (but Xen3 should make it
possible to run an "untouched" FreeeBSD kernel on a DomU virtual machine)

	TfH
	TfH