SSH From within a Jail

Koen Martens fbsd at metro.cx
Sat Nov 12 22:17:34 GMT 2005

d c wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I currently am running Freebsd 6.0 Release.
>
> I am experimenting with jails and have run into a
> problem.  I need to ssh from within my jail to another
> server.  Actually I need to use scp.  WHen I try it I
> get the error:  "Host key verification failed."

This could also be something related to permissions on the .ssh
directory, but you cleared that out of the way if i understand the
rest of this thread correctly. I remember having this problem once,
but can't remember right now what i did to solve it.. I usually
compile openssh from source anyway, so you might try that. If that
works, it would probably be interesting to see what is the
difference between your own hand-rolled openssh and the one that
came with your world.

Koen