No interrupts coming to device driver.

Alexander Nedotsukov bland at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 10 08:50:13 GMT 2005

Hi,

I trying to create small lirc (www.lirc.org) compatible CIR driver for
it8705 chip (sits on ISA bus). My problem is I can not get interrupts
coming to driver. I believe I configured chip (carrier freq. + baudrate
divisor) and enabled interrupt mode the same way it windows driver does.
It also seems to be correct according to chip specs. But nothing. vmstat
-i shows zeros for assigned irq. And my IRS stay cold. I wrote small
userland program which polls CIRs IIR (interrupt identefication
register) and it shows interrupt pending bit set on right after I press
key on remote control. Looks like I missed something fundamental. Does
anyone can give me a hint where to look?

Thanks,
Alexander.