Kernel source hacking

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 5 03:01:19 PST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Joao Barros wrote:

> On 11/4/05, Robert Watson <rwatson at freebsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 3 Nov 2005, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>>
>>> : Also, is there a page with other tasks for kernel neophytes like me? I
>>> : looked for some such page but I couldn't find any.
>>>
>>> phk used to have a /jkh/ page, or Junior Kernel Hacker page.  Don't know
>>> if that's still that way or not.
>>
>> Now that we have a FreeBSD Developer wiki, it may make sense to move the
>> page there so it can be more easily reached and maintained by a broader
>> set of developers?
>
> Could you please provide the link for the Wiki? Thanks.

A test wiki for developer use has been set up here:

     http://wikitest.FreeBSD.org/

Its primary use so far has been to host content for the Google Summer of
Code students, although other content is also starting to make it onto the
Wiki.  I think the primary reason it's still considered experimental is
that it is hosted outside the FreeBSD.org cluster.

Robert N M Watson