Using a logitech mx700 with scrollwheel _and_ thumb buttons

André-Philippe Paquet appaquet at gmail.com
Fri May 27 10:29:47 PDT 2005

My MX500 is working just fine. Here what I do:

   - Install imwheel (/usr/ports/x11/imwheel)

   - Add this to ~/.imwheelrc

".*"
None, Up, Alt_L|Left,1
None, Down, Alt_L|Right,1

"(null)"
None, Up, Alt_L|Left,1
None, Down, Alt_L|Right,1

   - In my x.org <http://x.org/> file.. For the InputDevice section:

Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "6 7"

   - Finaly, I run these two commands on Xwindows start:

imwheel -b "67" &
xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3 6 7 4 5"

 It works #1 with my logitech MX500 mouse (I tested on xfce4 and kde). The
only problem I have is that my app button is not working but I wasn't using
it in windows anyway so I don't need it. The tumbs buttons are working #1 in
Firefox and Konqueror.

André-Philippe Paquet