Linux/FreeBSD Channel Bonding Interoperability

Florent Thoumie flz at xbsd.org
Fri May 27 05:42:43 PDT 2005

	Hey list.

	I'm advocating for FreeBSD for about 6 months now where I'm
	working and they have the project to build their own router
	(which will probably be based on WRAP).

	The good point is that the actual solution is running Linux
	but it's not highly reliable. The bad point is that they're
	using channel bonding (on both peers) and they don't want to
	change one (or at least the system it runs).

	I've read about ng_fec and ng_onetomany, so I know channel
	bonding is quite easy (seems so, according to web pages I've
	found) but I guess FreeBSD and Linux won't work correctly.
	If that's the case, I wondered if it could be possible to add a
	new node to "translate" stuff so that both could communicate
	correctly.

	This can be a dumb idea, really I've no idea since I don't know
	anything about netgraph and bonding.

--
Florent Thoumie
flz at xbsd.org