Opening raw disk while mounted in 5.x?

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu May 26 01:17:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

> Try setting the kern.geom.debugflags sysctl to 16.  The kerenl
> shouldn't have stopped you from writing to slice 1 though.

I don't want to start the bikeshed again, but would this be ok to create
a kern.geom.allow_foot_shooting sysctl wrapper for this and reference
it in geom(4) manual page (and anywhere else it is relevant), at least
temporaly until a decision is made ?

I can't find where this is documented and this question goes back
regularly.

I can make a patch, if agreed.

Regards,
--