Looking for ANSI/VT100 code replacement.

alexander arundel at h3c.de
Sun May 22 12:05:36 GMT 2005

On Sun May 22 05, Andrew MacIntyre wrote:
> alexander wrote:
> >However burncd being a C app uses fprintf. Can I replace
> >the functionality of fprintf under x86asm by using only syscalls?
>
> fprintf(3) is most likely doing buffered I/O in the burncd case, which
> for a tty defaults to line buffered.
>
> Your code is doing unbuffered I/O, which might explain some of the
> discrepancies you see.
>
> Doing your own output buffering in assembly shouldn't be any big deal
> that I can see.

OK. Thx a lot.

Due to the incompatibility/bug issue of Eterm I've gotten rid of the entire
VT100 sequence and am now using a CR. This works even under Eterm.

So far I haven't discovered any slowdowns due to the fast that I'm now
rewriting the whole line instead of just 5 ascii values (plus the VT100 stuff).

I'm now trying to limit the output rate to correspond with the CRT refresh
rate.

Is 100 Hz the standard value to use in this case or are there monitors out
there that use a higher refresh rate?

Cheers.