Looking for ANSI/VT100 code replacement.

alexander arundel at h3c.de
Sat May 21 22:09:40 GMT 2005

On Sun May 22 05, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> Can you please confirm that you also see the problem when you are using
> xterm (not Eterm).  Can you also please advise what versions of FreeBSD,
> X11 and xterm/Eterm you are using.

OK. Seems like you somehow knew what was going on here. The problem has now
clearly shifted towards the Eterm code. Xterm display the VT100 codes
correctly.

It seems Eterm supports VT100 codes, but the code is slow and buggy.
Thx a lot for your help. This was bugging me for quite some time now.

Version is FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Wed Apr 27 03:14:27 CEST 2005 btw.

However I'm still thinking of replacing the whole VT100 stuff with a set
of syscalls. So...is there a way to reposition the cursor inside the
sdtout stream just by using syscalls? Can I use lseek() or some other
syscall to change the current FD position?

I had a look at the 'burncd' code and the code works brilliantly even
under Eterm. However burncd being a C app uses fprintf. Can I replace
the functionality of fprintf under x86asm by using only syscalls?

Cheers.

Thx again for your help.