Converting a function* into something Joe Admin understands

Joost Bekkers joost at jodocus.org
Tue May 17 13:00:41 GMT 2005

Hi

The answer will probably be 'no', but here goes:

Is there a way (in the kernel) to convert a pointer to a function
into a char* indicating the module it is associated with?

More specificly: I've been playing with changing the order of the
pfil hooks @runtime via sysctl. To be able to give the sysadmin
something (s)he understands I've added a const char * parameter to
the pfil_head_register and pfil_add_hook functions, breaking the
API.

I'm wondering if there is a way to get meaningful text to the sysadmin
without breaking the API. Or is it in this case not a bad thing?

Thanks.

--
greetz Joost
joost at jodocus.org