FreeBSD 5.3-CURRENT

Nexohrion (JeanPaul) (Webmaster AT Shizukana.net) webmaster at shizukana.net
Thu Mar 31 06:29:38 PST 2005

Hi,

I have a problem with a installation of FreeBSD 5.3-CURRENT
I installed on my desktop without any problem.

But now I want to install freebsd on my server
When I want to do it thru ftp
I have to configure it first, well i let him find the dhcp, and he gets
the ip address of my dhcp (router)

when I am installing it connects to the ftp server,
He says he's looking up the hostname,
Then he says he's logging in, and after 5 minutes he stops with an error:

Couldn't open FTP connection to ftp3.freebsd.org
  User name okay, need password.

and if i want to connect to a other ftp like ftp1.freebsd.org it says it
can't reslove the dns.
I have to reboot my system before I can re-use the network

There is nothing wrong with the network settings because the settings are
the same like my desktop (except the ip)
I had windows 2003 Enterprise on it before, and had no problems with the
network card

it is an 3C905B-TX
Fast Etherlink XL PCI

and it's connected on the driver: xl: