organization

Scott Long scottl at samsco.org
Mon Mar 28 15:40:18 PST 2005

mohamed aslan wrote:
> hi guys
> it's my first post here, BTW i was a linux hacker and linux kernel
> mailing list member for 3 years.
>
> and i've a comment here , i think the freebsd kernel source files
> aren't well organized as linux ones.

I left a job last year where I developed linux kernel code
professionally for almost 5 years.  When I first looked at the
linux tree, it took some time to get used to how it was layed
out, but eventually it came naturally to my fingers.  I've also
used and developed *BSD kernel code for 12 years, so I know that layout
too.  And now I'm getting my hands dirty in the OSX/Darwin sources.
To tell you the truth, it doesn't make a difference either way.  If
your concern with a software project is how the source tree is
layed out, then I highly doubt we'll be seeing much contribution
from you.  Thanks.

Scott