organization

Patrick Tracanelli eksffa at freebsdbrasil.com.br
Mon Mar 28 11:26:25 PST 2005

Maybe you are just more familiar to Linux kernel.

I am not a kernel hacker, like you and many people here. But I usually
read source codes, FreeBSD and also NetBSD and Linux, specially the
areas where I am a particular curious. FreeBSD code organization is
close to BSD's roots (you can get those Walnut Creek historical CDROM
which has code for 4BSD and 386BSD to compare).

I like FreeBSD orgaization better. Maybe you will disagree it for a
thousand years, or one day find NetBSD approach better than both. In any
case I am sure spending more time under FreeBSD's src/ won't make the
organization such a deal that deserves this comment.