running freebsd in qemu using the "-nographic" option ?

Kip Macy kmacy at netapp.com
Fri Mar 25 15:54:59 PST 2005

> >So basically what I want to do now is mount the freeBSD image in a
> >loopback and modify the boot.conf file directly. Anyone knows how to
> >do this under linux (2.6 if relevant) ? BSD seems to have a "weird"
> >way of organizing the disk. Which file system shoud I support ?

I would just do it on FreeBSD - man mdconfig. Last I looked (years ago) the UFS
support on linux was not actively maintained and I would be very surprised if
they have UFS2 support. I've had to create my own root images for doing work on
xen so I know it works just fine. If you insist on doing it on Linux, the
command is losetup.
to bind:
> losetup /dev/loop0 <root image>
to unbind: