Kernel documentation and specification

klowd9 - klowd92 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 23 17:17:04 PST 2005

Where can i find resources about the freebsd kernel?
I read over the developers handbook, and the architecture handbook, and both
provide very little information i need.
Also if anyone can recommend irc channels to visit where developers are to
be found.
I visited #BsdCode of efnet, but it was keyed not too long ago.

Some questions for instance are the use of sse, mmx, and fpu register and
commands inside the kernel. How is the development organized. Is it just a
jungle where people choose what they want to improve and expand in the
kernel and then submit their code?
What type of process scheduling the freebsd uses, interprocess communication
and more..