passwd & permissions

H. S. security at revolutionsp.com
Sun Mar 20 13:05:17 PST 2005

Hey,

#define PERM_INSECURE   (S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR|S_IRGRP|S_IROTH)
#define PERM_SECURE     (S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR)

Thanks, removing S_IROTH worked :-)

While we're at it, what is the cause for the system changing permissions
when I install a port ? (ie /usr/local/sbin and /usr/local/www) As I've
said in my previous mail, changing the mtree/ files to reflect my desired
permissions sounded logical, but either I failed some step or it isn't the
way to go.