Xen support

Macy, Kip Kip.Macy at netapp.com
Sat Mar 19 11:13:42 PST 2005

In all fairness I'd like to say that Nate put me in touch with someone to commit the work. At about the same time I discovered a rather annoying bug (since fixed), and I haven't followed back up.

For those who would like to try it out I just submitted a sparse tree patch against the development branch (xeno-unstable.bk), that I believe will be committed shortly. It and a kernel can be found at:

http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/5.3/050317/

You'll find some very basic instructions for booting a FreeBSD guest on xen one level up.

To avoid premature enthusiasm I'd like to point out that FreeBSD is currently only supported as an unprivileged guest. DOM0 support is not that much work, it simply isn't a priority at the moment.

			-Kip